Thursday, October 20, 2011

From MoneyTalks: Health Care Reform's "Free" Preventative Care

http://www.moneytalksnews.com/2011/10/20/health-care-reform-free-preventive-care-not-exactly/

Health Care Reform = Free Preventive Care? Not Exactly
Under President Obama's new health care law, "preventive care" is supposed to be free with no deductible or co-pay. So I went for a physical last month – and got billed $730.

"I got my “free” physical last month. But a few days ago, the bills started coming in: $600 worth of “laboratory services,” $70 for “radiology services,” and $60 for “diagnostic services.” Since this was obviously an error, I called my insurance company. What did they say? That much of what constituted my preventive care wasn’t covered by the new law."

No comments:

Post a Comment