Saturday, November 16, 2013

Zombie allusions: They just keep on coming-(beyond the obvious canonical citations) that would speak to "post-human" politics


Posted By Daniel W. Drezner  

"I'm about to start work on the revised revived edition of Theories of International Politics and Zombies.  There's gonna be some updating of the zombie material -- a lot has happened in recent years.  But one of the things that's gnawed at me since the first edition of the book came out was that I didn't talk a lot about more critical perspectives of international relations theory.  So I'm throwing caution into the wind and adding a chapter on feminist international relations theory and zombies.  [Because of this?--ed.  No, I decided to do this quite some time ago.]
This means I'm gonna have to read up on feminist IR theory.  A lot.  As I've noted, feminist approaches to international relations are not my strong suit, and it's going to be rather important to get the tone right.  So I'd ask MacKenzie, as well as readers on this subject, to suggest in the comments the pertinent feminist literature (beyond the obvious canonical citations) that would speak to "post-human" politics.  And vice versa -- which parts of the zombie canon clearly have things to say about the politics of gender?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment