Monday, December 14, 2015

Reducing Portion Sizes Cited as Key to Obesity Control

Reducing Portion Sizes Cited as Key to Obesity Control



Pam Harrison
December 14, 2015

"We consistently found that 14% to 33% of customers accepted the downsizing offer, and they did so whether or not they were given a nominal 25% discount."
"It sounds a bit counterintuitive because we think of fast-food consumers as 'value maximizers' — they are there to get as much food as possible," Dr Schwartz told Medscape Medical News.
"But people recognize that portions are too big, and if you just offered people smaller portions, I think some percentage of customers would really welcome this change, and they might be more willing to come into a fast-food restaurant because they know they can get smaller portions and not feel sick about overeating."
















1 comment:

  1. I very much like the way you have provided some extremely useful information about weight loss and how it helps in burning belly fat. Thanks for sharing some extremely useful and effective information. By the way let me share my personal experience. There was a time when I gained almost 39 pounds of extra body weight and was desperately trying to reduce that. I took up different type of fat burning exercise but all that went in vein. Then I came across this pill: Lean Belly Breakthrough. I took this pill and lost almost 39 pounds within a few weeks. That’s really amazing isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete