Friday, April 14, 2017

"We’re in a culture with very few real friends, and an enormous number of unctuous sales people who will adopt the language of friendship, care and help."

INTERVIEW WITH MARK GREIF

"I wonder, often, whether I’m crazy.  Because I wander around and I find menus addressing me, to tell me how much they care about my dining experience. And the paper sacks that my hamburger comes in, telling me how much the gigantic company cares about the cows they’ve slaughtered for my food. And I’m constantly being offered advice on how I should dress, eat, sleep, have sex. And yet I suspect that actually, all of these sources don’t care very much about how I do these things. That’s the kind of dishonesty that I imagine. We’re in a culture with very few real friends, and an enormous number of unctuous sales people who will adopt the language of friendship, care and help."

No comments:

Post a Comment