Friday, June 15, 2012

The doctor-patient relationship and how it might apply to world affairs

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22682198


Clin Dermatol. 2012 Jul;30(4):456-8.

The doctor-patient relationship and how it might apply to world affairs: A saga of warts.

Abstract

A prospective patient in an experimental trial on immunotherapy for warts that I was performing was Palestinian. I advised him that I was Jewish, because I feared his reaction in the domain of an experimental therapeutic trial. The patientrhetorically asked whether I was a physician. If so, no problems should exist. He was admitted to the trial and healed. Reason and common interest may vanquish fear and mistrust. Can this teaching be applied to the Middle East situation? Hatred would have to be defeated first.

No comments:

Post a Comment