Saturday, November 15, 2014

Tuberculosis and diabetes mellitus - an underappreciated association

Arch Med Sci. 2014 Oct 27;10(5):1019-27. doi: 10.5114/aoms.2014.46220. Epub 2014 Oct 23.

Tuberculosis and diabetes mellitus - an underappreciated association.

Author information

  • 1Wielkopolska Center of Pulmonology and Thoracic Surgery, Poznan, Poland.
  • 2Department of Internal Medicine and Diabetology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland.

Abstract

The current review presents up-to-date knowledge on tuberculosis (TB) in diabetic patients. On the basis of available literature, there is little doubt about the close relationship between these two conditions. Diabetes mellitus in this association may still contribute substantially to the burden of TB and negatively affect control of the latter. Chronic hyperglycemia at least to some extent may alter the clinical manifestation, radiological appearance, treatment outcome and prognosis of TB. Although the pathogenesis is not clear, diabetes may impair both innate and adaptive immune responses to Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Eventually, effective screening and dual management of the diseases have to be addressed both in low- and high-income countries in order to limit the negative effects of the forthcoming global diabetes epidemic.

2 comments:

  1. My name is hoover, my 18 year old daughter, Tricia was diagnosed with herpes 3 years ago. Since then, we have moved from one hospital to another. We tried all kinds of pills, but every effort to get rid of the virus was futile. The bubbles continued to reappear after a few months. My daughter was using 200mg acyclovir pills. 2 tablets every 6 hours and 15g of fusitin cream. and H5 POT. Permanganate with water to be applied twice a day, but all still do not show results. So, I was on the internet a few months ago, to look for other ways to save my only son. Only then did I come across a comment about the herbal treatment of Dr Imoloa and decided to give it a try. I contacted him and he prepared some herbs and sent them, along with guidance on how to use them via the DHL courier service. my daughter used it as directed by dr imoloa and in less than 14 days, my daughter recovered her health. You should contact dr imoloa today directly at his email address for any type of health problem; lupus disease, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis ABC, syphilis, diarrhea, HIV / AIDS, Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, addison's disease, chronic pain, Crohn's pain, cystic fibrosis, fibromyalgia, inflammatory Bowel disease, fungal nail disease, Lyme disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major depression, Malignant melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Rheumatoid arthritis Alzheimer's disease, parkinson's disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Back Pain, Back Sprain, Bipolar Disorder, Brain Tumor, Malignant, Bruxism, Bulimia, Cervical Disc Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Neoplasms , chronic respiratory disease, mental and behavioral disorder, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Autoimmune inflammatory media arthritis ed. chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, impotence, alcohol spectrum feta, dysthymic disorder, eczema, tuberculosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease. and many more; contact him at drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com./ also with whatssap- + 2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never give up in life they all say no cure to HSV 2 which is a big lie I have pass through many process also i never believe there is really cure to HERPES until I meet Dr.Emmanuel the doctor that have been helping many people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for cure online I found out about this man, and to my greatest surprise this man have the herbal medicine which I have been looking for years I explain my problem to him through the email I found on someone who testify about him also, Dr.Emmanuel write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.Emmanuel instructed, I was so happy after two week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348140073965. And He a lso have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC 

    ReplyDelete