Wednesday, September 7, 2011

IgG4-related disease: Associated malignancies

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21894525

Mod Rheumatol. 2011 Sep 6. [Epub ahead of print]
Risk of malignancies in IgG4-related disease.
Yamamoto M, Takahashi H, Tabeya T, Suzuki C, Naishiro Y, Ishigami K, Yajima H, Shimizu Y, Obara M, Yamamoto H, Himi T, Imai K, Shinomura Y.
Source
First Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1-West 16, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido, 0608543, Japan, mocha@cocoa.plala.or.jp.

Abstract
IgG4-related disease (IgG4-RD) is considered a systemic, chronic, and inflammatory disorder that is characterized by the enlargement of involved organs, elevated levels of IgG4, and abundant infiltration of plasmacytes with IgG4 and fibrosis in involved organs. It is necessary to differentiate IgG4-RD from malignant tumors. Recently we have looked at case reports of IgG4-RD with malignancy that was discovered at systemic screening. In this study, we analyzed the relationship between IgG4-RD and malignancies. The study subjects were 106 patients with IgG4-RD who had been referred to our hospital since April 1997. We analyzed the clinical characteristics of IgG4-RD patients who had cancer that was observed upon the initial diagnosis of IgG4-RD or that occurred during an average follow-up period of 3.1 years. Using data from national cancer registries that monitor cancer incidence in Japan, we evaluated the standardized incidence ratio (SIR) for malignancies in IgG4-RD. Malignancies were observed in 11 of the IgG4-RD patients (10.4%). The malignancies were all different and included lung cancer, colon cancer, and lymphoma. With the exception of the age at which the IgG4-RD diagnosis was made, there were no common features in patients with cancer and those without. The SIR for these malignancies in IgG4-RD was 383.0, which was higher than that for the general population. We should be cognizant of the possible existence of malignancies in patients with IgG4-RD at the time of diagnosis and during follow-up care.

1 comment:

  1. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love  Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma.,psoriasis,Cirrhosis of Liver, Cataracts,Macular degeneration, Chrons disease,Infectious mononucleosis.,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,Bipolar Disorder,Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Stroke,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicitySyndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.  

    ReplyDelete