Saturday, March 23, 2013

"As I ran for the first aid section the little fellow reached up and lifted the skin which had fallen from his brow over his eyes."

http://www.amazon.com/Abandoned-Bataan-Mans-Story-Survival/dp/0971318417


Abandoned on Bataan: One Man's Story of Survival [Paperback]

Oliver Craig Allen Mildred Faye Allen 



p. 177

"As I ran for the first aid section the little fellow reached up and lifted the skin which had fallen from his brow over his eyes.  He looked me straight in the eyes, then dropped the skin back again.  It was several weeks before he came back,all scarred and sick-looking.  He sought me out and smiled at me in recognition.  From the on I was his good friend.

Later, the factory president, in the presence of Colonel Matsuda, the camp commander, presented six of us with citations and a carton of cigarettes each, for our actions."

No comments:

Post a Comment