Thursday, October 30, 2014

Typhoid Mary or overkill? Should returning medics and troops be quarantined?

Ebola: should returning medics and troops be quarantined?



Hickox points out that even if she was infected, she would not be contagious until she started displaying symptoms. She insists that the policy of quarantining health care workers returning from Ebola stricken countries is neither "scientifically nor constitutionally just", and a violation of her civil rights. Now she is threatening to take action.
"If the restrictions placed on me by the state of Maine are not lifted by Thursday morning, I will go to court to fight for my freedom," she told Reuters.
In another interview with the BBC, she said: "I am not going to sit around and be bullied around by politicians and be forced to stay in my home when I am not a risk to the American public."




Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news/ebola/57952/ebola-new-york-confirms-first-case-of-the-virus#ixzz3HcvkcI5d

No comments:

Post a Comment